Come join us at the Esplanade for another fabulous night of parade, dance, music and creative talents of the people of Penang! Check out the programmes we’ve lined up for you!
4pm Carnival Blastoff – the excitement for the family and youngsters starts early this year!
- Singing Competition – listen to the original and download the karaoke version to practice for the “Penang ~ Island of Love” singing competition!
- Charity Food Fair and Demonstration of fusion Penang-Japanese food – Exchange your PYP Flyer for a ‘Buy 1 Free 1″ Food Voucher!
- Japanese Tea Ceremony at the English Garden! How quaint!!
- Games, Kimono, Craft stalls to play, try and buy from!
6:30pm Parade! Lots of interactive stuff for the audience to participate while watching the parade!
- Don’t miss the Mizukake Mikoshi where you splash water onto the passing Mikoshi!
- The audience gets to vote which dance team is the HAPPIEST dance team!
- First time in Malaysia – the Original Awa Odori on the streets of Penang
- Japanese Fisherman Flags and Firemen Matoi parade
- PLUS the regular Cosplay, NGO and other colourful display of Penang’s finest